Tuesday, August 23, 2005

What a Wicked Web We..... well, you know!

Do you remember, as a kid, learning about the so-called writing spider? I’m sure there are many different versions of what happens when a kid sees one of these things. I was always told you had to cover your mouth, don’t let it count your teeth or you would die. Another one was if it wrote out your name....ta da. Last rites and all that.

Another thing that made me such a well-behaved child in the presence of my grandfather was, he would tell me if he took a screwdriver, and undid my belly button, my legs would fall off. I never had one whipping from him. All he had to do was, give me that look, and show me the screwdriver. I was better behaved than any trained pup!

Anyway, back to the writing spider. You can view some of the handiwork of the argiope spider. And if you’re interested in even more, there you are.

Now, that we’ve introduced you to or reacquainted you with this writing spider, listen to this. I have heard from extremely placed sources that our Congress is trying to put together a bill, a piece of legislation, that would place a terrible hardship on these valuable writing spiders. The Congress will be pushing through a law that would require all writing spiders to be required to go back and write a second version in their web, in Spanish. Our country is toast!

UK Web Hosting