Monday, March 28, 2005

A Hunger for Power - A Thirst for the Limelight



I can’t think of anyone I’ve never met, whom I’ve come to believe is a little lower than scum. The more read, the more I detest this man. This leech is practicing law in the good ole USA. How so? He should be tenured in a Colorado university or something.

I’ve held back on this issue regarding Terry Schiavo simply because I had to wait and see. But today, well, the camel’s back was broken. First, a little info regarding an incident that took place in the mid-to-late 80’s. There was this little bar called Johnny’s Grill, also known as “The Poor Man’s Country Club”. Only men were welcome there. It was like a family reunion, of all males. But that’s the way it had to be.

Anyway, the bartender, and eventually the new owner, David, was a straight up guy. No enemies that I ever heard of. He treated everyone in a fair manner and didn’t tolerate any BS from anyone. There was this mutual acquaintance, Mike, who was more than a regular at this place. He was more like a permanent part of the place, and a good guy as well. And he wasn’t at a loss for good friends, either.

Well, Mike became seriously ill, and laid in the hospital for a while. He was on a respirator, and pulling the plug was only hours away. They had given him up for dead. But guess what? David, who had gone to see Mike every single day, showed up on this particular day, and at this particular hour, pulled up a chair and began talking to Mike like they were back at the bar. Wasn’t long, Mike was awake, coherent, and alive and well. You see, I’m a little hesitant about pulling the plug. I know, Terri was in a bad way for 15 years or more, which begs the question. Why didn’t her hubby divorce her and allow her folks to care for her?

The thing that makes the hair on my neck stand up is this attorney George Felos. What a wicked piece of work this guy seems to be. His lust for power, the bright lights, and death is kinda spooky. The way the man describes the people he has seen dying is enough to make you wonder how the hell can this guy practice law.

I am not against pulling the plug totally. I think each individual case should be judged accordingly. There are probably some, such as Mike, who can recover, and then there are those who will never get any better. It’s such a fine line. I feel that’s why God is God. These are big issues, and should be left to the real God and not to the courts.

In reading some passages from George Felos’ book, “Litigation As Spiritual Practice”, I do have some major problems with this dude. Here are some excerpts from the book.

Now, do you find anything a bit weird about that? Maybe it’s just me and how I was reared, but I sure don’t buy into his pulp! I firmly believe that these decisions should be made by next of kin, and not any judge, not any representative, not any senator, not any president, or anyone in the political realm. It should be a family decision...period.

Personally, I think that the court and the judge, has stepped way over the line when he decides when a person can have communion and when someone can have last rites. The lawyer and the judge seem to have this “I am god” complex. And it is sickening. I surely hope this isn’t the start of a judiciary out of control. It could easily happen.

However, I will say this as I close, to Mr. Felos and Mr. Greer. I wouldn’t wish ill will on anyone. But, since the two of you are so sure that death by starvation and dehydration is a beautiful thing, and euphoric, and peaceful and gentle...I pray that you two will be so blessed with the same end as those you have passed the sentence upon. May your days be beautiful, euphoric, peaceful, and gentle. Thus sayest the new lord... George Felos.

UK Web Hosting